Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats & I'm Back (Again!)


Hello there! So sorry for the blogging hiatus once again... it's hard to have time to post when I'm so busy with my shop and work! (I'm gearing up for a big Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale in my shop... details tomorrow!!)

I've had a lot of recipes and projects I've wanted to share, so hopefully I'll get back on track and start posting regularly again. Today I have another easy dog treat recipe to share with you all -- do I spoil my pooches or what? Read below for the super easy recipe...



Ingredients

  • 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural if possible, without added sugar & salt)
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup brown rice flour
  • 2/3 cup oat flour (IMPORTANT: do not substitute all purpose wheat flour for either of these. Dogs are often very sensitive or even allergic to the gluten in wheat. You can find these flours at most grocery stores, or you can make your own oat flour by grinding up dry oatmeal in your food processor.)
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk or water (I used milk because it was about to expire!)

Steps

1) Combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter, and egg in a bowl. Stir until these are mixed together well.
2) Add the flours and stir to combine.
3) Add the milk or water a little at a time and stir to combine. Add enough so that you have more of a batter than a dough -- think muffin batter, but not as liquid-y as pancake batter.
4) Now comes the fun part! I found this cute mini doughnuts pan on sale at Michael's (ah, the perks of working at a craft store) but you can also use a mini muffin pan (or even a regular muffin pan) for these treats. Fill each about half full -- with milk, these will rise just a little bit. With water, I don't believe they'll rise at all.
5) Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until browned on the edges.
6) Cool on a wire rack and then treat your pups! This recipe made about 30 treats in my mini doughnuts pan.



Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Stop by tomorrow for details about my huge Black Friday sale on everything in my handknits shop!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment